The McClymonds trucking business was formed in 1945 by George R. McClymonds. Upon returning home from World War II, George launched the business by purchasing his first truck, a tandem axle dump truck. Mr. McClymonds and his wife, Gladys, originally operated under the name George McClymonds Trucking. This operation was efficient and provided exceptional service to residential and construction customers in the Portersville, PA area.
The organization methodically developed a sterling reputation and a small network of customers and drivers throughout the 50s, 60s and 70s.
In 1983, George’s youngest son, Mark W. McClymonds, incorporated the company as McClymonds Supply & Transit Co., Inc. Since incorporation, McClymonds Supply & Transit has grown to include a variety of trucking services, three trucking terminals, an over-the-road board and an excellent network of diverse regional customers and drivers.
The Company started an affiliated third-party logistics company, MST Logistics, Inc. in 2004 to expand its ability to service customers by brokering freight to other reputable carriers.